The Kiowa County Commissioner's Special Meeting was called to order on August 31, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. by Chairman of the Board, Richard Scott. Those in attendance were:
Richard Scott, Chairman
Cindy McLoud, Commissioner
Donald Oswald, Commissioner
Delisa Weeks, County Clerk
Tina Adamson, County Administrator
Five items were originally placed on the agenda. Scott moved and McLoud seconded the motion to add Number 6: Salary Question to the agenda. Motion carried. Oswald moved and McLoud seconded the motion to add Number 7: The Debrucing Question to the agenda. Motion carried.
1. Haswell Landfill: There was lengthy discussion over the Haswell landfill. The commissioners all agree that this is frustrating to the small counties that are being forced to close their landfills due to state regulations. Adamson had spoken with Joe Peterick, Environmental Protection Specialist for the State and he reported that the citizens of Haswell will be able to use the current open cell until the official notice of closure is handed to the Commissioners. Scott moved to close the Haswell landfill and to have the Eads landfill remain open. McLoud seconded the motion. Oswald opposed. Motion carried. It is projected that the Eads landfill has the capability of being open for 10 more years.
2. School use of Picnic Tables: Oswald moved and McLoud seconded the motion to allow the Eads School to use the county picnic tables without charge for the free community barbeque sponsored by Adams Electric and Titan Lighting on September 1, 2017. Motion carried.
3. Wrist Bands for Fair: McLoud moved and Oswald seconded the motion to allow county employees, judges and superintendents to receive an admission bracelet for working at the fair and barbeque. Motion carried.
4. NPS TASK AGREEMENT: Oswald moved and McLoud seconded to sign the task agreement #P17AC01518 between The United States Department of Interior National Park Service and Kiowa County, Colorado in the amount of $97,700.00. Motion carried.
5. Extension Office Furniture: Scott moved and McLoud seconded the motion to authorize a purchase of a chair for the extension office. Motion carried. The amount of the chair will be $129.00.
6. Salary: Roland Sorensen had sent a letter to the commissioners in regards to the salaries presented in the newspapers. Adamson responded that the wages were figured hourly for some of the employees and June was a long month. She did state a few of the employees did have overtime. Adamson will speak with Sorensen in regards to the differences in salaries.
Scott moved and McLoud seconded to recess the meeting till 1:00 p.m. Motion carried.
Meeting reconvened at 1:00 p.m.
Debrucing Question: Oswald moved to accept the wording of the debrucing question as presented and McLoud seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Oswald moved and Scott seconded the motion to adjourn meeting at 1:24 p.m. Motion carried.
County Clerk Chairman