NOTICE TO EXISTING AND POTENTIAL
EASTERN SLOPE RURAL TELEPHONE ASSOCIATION CUSTOMERS:
You may be eligible for discounts on your monthly telephone charges. Lifeline Assistance is a government assistance program sponsored by the FCC to reduce rates for primary residential telephone service to qualifying subscribers who receive income-based benefits. Eligible customers may obtain Toll Blocking or Limited Toll Blocking free of charge. The Company's voice lifeline plan does not include any free minutes of use for toll. Eligible customers that elect to take Toll Blocking will not be required to pay a service deposit.
Lifeline subscribers may receive unlimited local calling at a discount of $9.25.
- The discounts are applicable only on the end user's principal residence line.
- One discount per household for eligible participants is allowed. Discount is applicable towards primary residential connections only. The telephone service must be listed in your name. A household is everyone who lives together at your address as one economic unit.
- Service is non-transferable.
- Participant must be verified eligible prior to participation.
- With income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Participating in any of the following programs: Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8) and Veterans Pension & Survivors Pension Benefit.
- Lifeline subscribers must re-certify eligibility each year.
- To determine if you are eligible, please contact the business office at (719)743-2441 or go to www.esrta.com and go to the Apply Here tab, Lifeline Assistance for information.
Published July 14, 2017
In the Kiowa County Press