Published Friday, September 29, 2017
15 Years Ago
September 27, 2002
- Ross Davison, Administrator of the Risk Management Agency (RMA) of USDA, visited eastern Colorado to assess the drought & its impact on producers & effectiveness of federal crop insurance programs
- Ryan Britten of Haswell who attends Karval High School is one of the recipients of West Texas A & M University promised $1000 to any high school senior who graduates in the top 25% of their respective classes.
25 Years Ago
September 24, 1992
- Nursing Home News-LaVerne Fischer: Several residents traveled to Cheyenne Wells to play bingo. Everyone won a prize and enjoyed refreshments.
- About Town-Ida Lessenden: How surprised and happy I was to receive a birthday card from the White House from George & Barbara Bush. This has been a special birthday.
40 Years Ago
September 30, 1977
- Kiowa County RE-1 school board authorized senior citizens to purchase meals at the school cafeteria.
- 50 Years Ago
September 29, 1967
- Light frost here Tuesday night. Warner Wimp, official weather observer, said mercury dropped to 28 degrees.
Eads Farmer-Homemakers members voted to disband after 20 years of activity in the community