Published Tuesday, April 11, 2017
April 16: Junior Ranger day at Fort Union, New Mexico, 505-425-8025
- April 18: Quivera Chapter meeting at 7:00 pm, Inman Community Center, presentation by Joanne VanCoevern on Letters of Fort Dodge & the Santa Fe Trail.
- April 20-22 2017: SFTA Board Meetings, Salina, Kansas
- April 27: Cottonwood Crossing Chapter meeting, dinner, and presentation, call 620-245-0715 for dinner reservation
- April 28-29: Council Grove, Seth Fest honors Santa Fe Trail trader Seth Hayes, art, music, food, tours of historic sites, information at councilgrove.com
- April 29: Wet/Dry Routes Chapter and Fort Larned Old Guard present 1867 Hancock Expedition, speaker, field trip, dinner, 620-285-3295
- April 30: MRO Chapter Meeting and Awards Ceremony, Trailside Center, Kansas City, 816-835-4397
- May 7: Rails and Trails trips resume on Amtrak's Southwest Chief. Narrated tours point out historic southwest sites including the Santa Fe Tral. Call 719-383-5024 for more information
- May 21: Dodge City chapter meets at 1:00 for dinner and program on upcoming SFTA Symposium
- June 3: MRO Chapter Celebrates National Trails Day at Lone Elm Park and Campground, 816-835-4397
- June 7-11: Bent's Old Fort training for new park volunteers, 719-383-5023. Living History Encampment will run June 9-11.
- July 4: Bent's Old Fort celebrates an old fashioned forth with refreshments, games, orations, and live canon fire, 719-383-5023
- September 27-30, 2017: SFTA Symposium, Olathe, KS
- October 7-8: Bent's Old Fort 1830's-1840's Fur Trade Encampment,719-383-5023
- December 1-2: Bent's Old Fort Traditional Holiday Celebration, 719-383-5023