- Fun Tote Program now is a great time! The program is designed for ages 0 to 8 years old. The totes are available for check out at the Kiowa County Library.
- Eads Driver's License Schedule Renewal's Only April 25-26
- The Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site will be doing a 10 year Retrospective at the Crow-Luther Cultural Events Center Thursday evening (April 27) beginning at 5:30pm. More information to come about this event.
- The Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site will switch to its summer schedule beginning Saturday, April 1, 2017. The park will open daily from 9 am to 4 pm, seven days a week. This schedule will remain in effect through November 30, 2017. The park will remain open for all three summer federal holidays - Memorial Day (May 29th), Fourth of July (July 4th), and the Labor Day (September 4th).
- Good News!. The hot tub at Prairie Pines has been repaired. Contact Prairie Pines 438-2141 for hours etc.
- Every Friday 2 pm coffee hour at Prairie Pines
- Coffee Hour every Thursday Morning 9 am at Weisbrod ECU
- Eads Senior Center is the site for Meals on Wheels prepared by Sage Services in Lamar. They are delivered HOT to Eads two days a week. Contact Areta Laird for more information
- LEAP (Low-Income Energy Assistance Program) runs from November 1, 2016 through April 30, 2017. You may only apply and be approved one time in this period. Contact Ashlynn Miner at Kiowa County Social Services (438-5541) for more information
- Kiowa County Commissioners Meeting Dates April 27 2017-May 11 2017-May 25 2017 Open to the public 9:00am - Commissioners will recess 12 - 1 for lunch 4 day notice is preferred for posted agenda
Santa Fe Trail Upcoming Events
April 20-22 2017: SFTA Board Meetings, Salina, Kansas
April 27: Cottonwood Crossing Chapter meeting, dinner, and presentation, call 620-245-0715 for dinner reservation
April 28-29: Council Grove, Seth Fest honors Santa Fe Trail trader Seth Hayes, art, music, food, tours of historic sites, information at councilgrove.com
April 29: Wet/Dry Routes Chapter and Fort Larned Old Guard present 1867 Hancock Expedition, speaker, field trip, dinner, 620-285-3295
% Megan Herren
9551 E. 151st Place
Brighton, CO 80206