Published Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Kevan Hebberd will be at Prairie Pines on Friday Sept. 1st, selling Fresh Lemonade and Funnel Cakes at 2:00 pm.
- Kit Carson Melodrama will not be able to perform this year during the fair. We had a great time doing it last year but due to several cast members not being able to make it, it is a no go for this year
- Ladies of the Kit Carson Trinity Lutheran Church LWML are taking orders for Cinnamon Rolls or your favorite pie to be picked up at Kit Carson Day on Saturday, September 2. You can have a choice of 8 large or 12 small rolls in a 8x12 pan. Call Doris Lessenden at 438-5665 or Betsy Evans at 962-3495 or Tracey Weeks at 688-2407 for prices.
- Kiowa County Public Library will be holding a Silent Auction Fundraiser September 7-9, 2017 @ Kiowa County Fair (Under the Grandstands)
- Prairie Pines Assisted Living is holding a raffle to help for improvements and repairs. Contact a board members Mike Lening,Theresa Weber,Tom Davis,Rhonda Uhland or Michelle Wyckoff for tickets.
- Eads Drivers License Schedule Sept 5-6-12-13-19-20-26-27 RENEWAL'S ONLY MVR report available
- Kiowa County Commissioners Meeting Dates Sept 14, 28 Open to the public 9:00am - Commissioners will recess 12 - 1 for lunch 4 day notice is preferred for posted agenda
- Eads Senior Center Sage meal will be September 5th but there will not be a Bunch because of the County Fair. Barbeque foods from the Fair Grounds both days for those who want to eat in the cool comfort of the Center Contact Areta Laird for more information
- Bonnie's Car Show September 9 Kiowa County Fairgrounds. All entry's & proceeds go for Bonnie Morgan expenses for her battle of cancer. Contact AJ McCracken 719-688-8655
- The First Christian Church is hosting a bridal shower brunch for Jessica James, bride-elect of Ryan Shoemaker on Saturday, Sept. 16th at 11am. The couple is registered at Target, Amazon, Pottery Barn, and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- The Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site open daily from 9 am to 4 pm, seven days a week. This schedule will remain in effect through November 30, 2017. The park will remain open for Labor Day (September 4th).
- Every Friday 2 pm coffee hour at Prairie Pines
- Coffee Hour every Thursday Morning 9 am at Weisbrod ECU
- Listings in Upcoming Events are free to non-profit groups or organizations, or for general, non-business community announcements.
Filed Under (click to find similar articles)