By Eads USDA Service Center Staff
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- County Committee Meeting - 2nd Tuesday each month.
- February 17th - NRCS deadline for EQIP (Environmental Quality Incentives Program)
- February 20th - USDA Office closed in observance of President's Day.
- March 15th - 2017 NAP application date for Spring Crops
- March 15th - July 15th - CRP Primary Nesting Season - NO Activity permitted on CRP
- March 31st - Last day to request LDP or Marketing Loan for 2016 wheat.
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland and HELI (Highly Erodible Land Initiative) acre available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
Producers in Colorado who are interested in implementing conservation practices to improve natural resources on their private agricultural land have until Friday, February 17, 2017, to submit applications for FY 2017 funding through the Natural Resources Conservation Service's (NRCS) Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP). EQIP is a voluntary incentives program that provides financial assistance for conservation system such as fencing and water supply development for improved grazing management.
Document the Drought: USDA U.S. Drought Monitor Offers Producers a Voice to Report Drought Impacts
The U.S. Drought Monitor's reporting feature offers producers an opportunity to submit drought impact and condition reports.
The USDA, in partnership with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, produced the U.S. Drought Monitor to include a reporting feature that allows producers to report local drought impacts and conditions.
The report allows producers to:
- Provide a written description of drought impacts on livelihood, activities, etc.;
- Select categories to show losses and gains as a result of the drought;
- Report on the duration of drought event;
- Select Affected Places - geographic areas ranging from an entire state to a small area within a state;
- Submit images that document the drought and its impact;
- Provide contact information (includes an option to keep information confidential).
The reporting tool for producers to record the effects of the drought can be accessed at the following link: http://droughtreporter.unl.edu/submitreport/
More information including state specific drought impact maps can be found on the U.S. Drought Monitor
New Program Connects Farmers to More Resources That Benefit Their Operation
The Farm Service Agency (FSA) has launched a new service that combines resources offered by national, state and local agricultural organizations to help farmers and ranchers start, improve or expand their operation.
Bridges to Opportunity is a partnership of USDA and non-USDA agricultural agencies, coming together to help provide the information farmers and ranchers need. The Bridges service is supported through a customized software application that houses information from partner organizations, making the information easily accessible to customers seeking agricultural resources while in FSA county offices.
Partnering with FSA's Bridges to Opportunity provides a central location for USDA and local, state and national agricultural organizations to offer support to farmers and ranchers and help with disaster assistance, grants, technical help, financial advice and educational courses.
Agricultural organizations that partner with FSA are providing access to programs, upcoming events, workshops and other resources with farmers and ranchers that come through the doors of FSA county offices.
To learn more about Bridges to Opportunity and how it can help you, contact your local County Office representative. You may also visit the FSA website for more information.
POSTED COUNTY PRICE AND LDP RATES
The website to check daily LDP rates is as follows:
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. By appointment only on Friday.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.