IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- NOW!! - File form CCC-633 EZ page 1 with FSA before losing beneficial interest to maintain Loan Deficiency Payment (LDP) eligibility. (To request payments, producers need to submit page 2 of the CCC-633EZ).
- ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE - JULY 17th - NEXT MONDAY
- March 15th - July 15th - CRP Primary Nesting Season - NO Activity permitted on CRP
- County Committee Meeting - July 25th - 9:00 a.m.
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - July 11th
- August 1 - 2017 ARCPLC enrollment deadline
- August 1 - COC Nomination Deadline
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland acres are available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE
Producers have until next Monday, July 17th to finalize the 2017 acreage report. The 2017 wheat acre reporting deadline was November 15th. The July acreage reporting deadline is for any spring seeded crops, such as grain sorghum, millet or feed crops.
Late-filed acreage reports after July 17th will incur a late-filed fee of $46.00 per farm.
2017 ARC-PLC ENROLLMENT
The ARCPLC contract enrollment deadline is August 1, 2017. All producers with shares in the crop must have the farm enrolled by the August 1st date. There are no late-filed provisions for ARCPLC enrollment. Failure to enroll timely, will deem the farm non-participating for the year.
2016 FINAL PLC & ARC PRICES
Last week in the UPDATE article the FINAL PLC and ARC prices for wheat, barley and oats were noted. The PLC payments are computed as follows. The example used is for 100 acres of wheat base with a 30 bushel PLC yield
100 base acres x 85% = 85 acres x 30 PLC yield x 1.61 x 6.8% - sequestration rate = $2377.0
The payment limitation for 2016 ARCPLC is $125,000.00 per producer. This limitation also applies to Loan Deficiency payments and market gains from the 2016 crop year. Therefore, the LDP payments that FSA issued on last year's wheat crop will count against the $125,000.00. At $1.61 per bushel of wheat and adding in the market gains and LDP's from last year, there will some producers with limitation problems come October.
COUNTY COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS
The County Committee nomination period ends on August 1, 2017. In Kiowa County this year Local Administrative Area - 1 (LAA) which is the east end of the county and is currently represented by Sean Harkness will hold election.
County committees are made up of farmers and ranchers elected by other producers in their communities to guide the delivery of farm programs at the local level. Members serve three-year terms.
Farmers and ranchers may nominate themselves or others. To be eligible to serve on an FSA county committee, a person must participate or cooperate in an agency administered program, and reside in the LAA area where the election is being held. To become a candidate, an eligible individual must sign an FSA-669A nomination form. Producers who are interesting in serving, please contact the FSA office.
The Loan Deficiency payments for 2017 did not trigger for 2017 wheat. The posted county price was not been below the loan rate of $2.84 bushel. The daily rates will be no longer be published in the article. The CCC-633 as form, page 1 is still being requested to be filed at your local FSA office, especially since there is still corn and grain sorghum harvest later this year.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.