IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- CRP Contract Management - Contact FSA or NRCS with questions. Producers have been notified of required completion dates.
- County Committee Meeting - Tuesday, November 14th @ 9:00
- October 1st - November 30th - Fiscal Year 2018 First CRP grazing period - Contract Management. FSA and NRCS approval required
- November 12th - Last date to remove hay bales from CRP (FSA prior approval required)
- November 15th - 2018 ACREAGE REPORTING DEADLINE - 2018 fall seeded crops, native grass, triticale and alfalfa crop reporting deadline.
- December 1, 2017 - 2018 Non-insurable Crop Assistance Program (NAP) application closing date for Alfalfa, Grass, Mixed Forage
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - October 10th
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland acres are available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
After quite a dry spell, it was a pleasant surprise to have some rain the past weekend, especially with the wheat drilled. Monday morning the Service Center recorded 1.3 inches over the weekend. Reports from producers around the county were all favorable for receiving some moisture.
Producers have until November 15th to report their fall planted crops; such as wheat, triticale and native grass. If you have completed drilling the 2018 fall crops and are waiting to harvest your fall crops, come into the office and complete your 2018 fall certification, before you get busy with fall harvest. If you are traveling quite a distance, call before coming over and be certain employees are available to assist you. Producers will need number of acres and planting dates available when certifying planted crops.
OCTOBER PAYMENT CYCLE
The 2017 CRP annual rentals and 2016 ARCPLC program payments are due to the issued to eligible producers in October. The FSA Office received notification this past week, the 2016 ARCPLC payments will be issued beginning October 4th. The majority of all 2016 CRP annual rental payments will be issued after October 12th. If you haven't received your CRP annual rental or 2016 ARCPLC payment by October 20th, please contact the office, but not before.
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, email@example.com
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, by appointment only.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.