Colorado crop progress and conditions as reported by the USDA for the week ending July 5, 2020.
Emergency loans may be available to agricultural producers in Pueblo and surrounding Colorado counties due to drought impacts.
The USDA is providing additional flexibilities for producers to file on acres with failed crops or crops that were prevented from planting because of extreme weather events.
July 15 is a major deadline for producers to report acreage for most crops, but deadline can vary by county and crops.
May 2020 acreage highlights from Colorado and the United States from the USDA.
May 2020 grain stocks for the USDA moutain states region.
Exceptional drought has returned to Colorado for the first time since early 2019.
Colorado crop progress and conditions report as noted by the the USDA for the week ending June 28, 2020.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- PRIMARY NESTING SEASON - March 15 - July 15 - NO ACTIVITY PERMITTED ON CRP
- FSA 2020 ACREAGE REPORTING DATE: EXTENDED TO AUGUST 14
- CFAP - Signup May 26 - August 28
- LFP - Signup ends January 30, 2021
- 2020 - COUNTY COMMITTEE NOMINATION PERIOD - DEADLINE AUGUST 1, 2020
- 2020 PLC YIELD UPDATE - Deadline September 30, 2020
- WHIP+ signup - Begins March 23, 2020
Quarterly hogs and pigs reports as of June 1, 2020, for the USDA mountain states region.