Low water has forced Colorado Parks and Wildlife to close the West Boat Ramp at John Martin Reservoir State Park.
Elijah Solis (21-21)
- Champ. Round 1 - Riley Valdez (Centauri) 23-14 won by fall over Elijah Solis (County Line) 21-21 (Fall 3:17)
- Cons. Round 1 - Andrew Hannigan (Platte Canyon) 17-9 won by decision over Elijah Solis (County Line) 21-21 (Dec 6-0)
Aaron Musgrave (23-19)
- Champ. Round 1 - Mario Vigil (Centauri) 33-13 won by fall over Aaron Musgrave (County Line) 23-19 (Fall 0:39)
The Colorado High School Activities Association has announced guidance for people planning to attend the state wrestling tournament at Ball Arena in Denver February 17-19.
For spectators, a negative test or proof of full vaccination will be required every time they enter Ball Arena. The negative test must be timestamped within 72 hours of entry.
Here are some best practices we are hearing that may be of assistance to spectators requiring tests.
The Bureau of Reclamation released a draft environmental assessment supplement for proposed changes associated with construction and operation of the Arkansas Valley Conduit (AVC).
Wednesday January 5
- 1:00 pm Vaccination Clinic
Thursday January 6
- 3:30 pm JH Basketball @ Holly
Friday January 7
- 8:30 am Knowledge Bowl @ Manzanola
- 4:00 pm Basketball vs Cheraw
Saturday January 8
- 10:00 am Wrestling @ Lamar
- 2:00 pm Basketball vs Wiggins
Monday January 10
- 5:30 pm FFA Meeting
- 6:00 School Board Meeting
Thursday January 13
- 4:00 pm JH Boys Basketball vs Hoehne
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers staff at John Martin Reservoir and Colorado Parks and Wildlife staff will host their annual midwinter eagle survey, Saturday, January 8.
Despite being mid-December, southeast Colorado faces high fire danger Tuesday and Wednesday.
Mon November 15
- 11:30 am Elementary Talent Show Audition
- 3:00 pm JH BB Karval @ Home
Thu November 18
- 8:15 am Grade 11 ASWAB Test
- 3:00 pm JH BB @ Granada
Fri November 19
- BOCES Fall Conference
Sat November 20
- 8:00 am JH BB Tournament @ Lamar
Mon November 22
- 10:00 am Elementary Talent Show
- 2:00 pm JH BB @ Alta Vista
Tue November 23
- 4:00 pm JH BB @ Kit Carson
Wed November 24
- 9:00 am Grizzly Invitational @ Fowler
- 9:30 am Badger Invitational @ Limon
- TBA L.A. Quad @ Las Animas
- 9:30 am Holly Tournament @ Holly
- 10:00 am Savage Invitational @ Lamar
- TBA Eads Tri ( Peyton) @ Eads
September 17, 1928 - September 4, 2021
Rex Lewis passed away September 4, 2021, surrounded by his family at the Bent County Healthcare Center. He was born September 17, 1928, in Mulvern, Kansas, to Roy and Myra (Kyle) Lewis.