The site of a World War II Japanese internment camp in southeastern Colorado could become a National Historic Site under legislation introduced Wednesday in Congress.
The Town of Granada is working on a grant funded renovation of the existing town park. To design the park, your feedback is needed. Complete the survey available at the link below and return to Town Hall by April 15, 2021
Good Citizens from area schools are recognized for the 2020-2021 school year. Those senior students selected from their high school are: Yancy Lea Franklin, Campo High School; Mollie Marie Kelley, Eads High School; Jonathan Ian Rink, Granada High School; Sage Ann Higbee, Lamar High School; Kieley Lynn Stegman, Pritchett High School; Payton Rae Arbuthnot, Springfield High School; D'Neil Doyle, Walsh High School and Cadence Kain Zordel, Wiley High School.
- 3:00 McClave - Home
- 4:00 Cheyenne Wells - Away
- 3:00 Walsh - Home
- 3:00 Springfield - Away
- 3:00 Eads - Home
- 4:00 Kit Carson - Away
- 3:00 McClave - Away
- 3:00 Wiley - Home
- 3:00 Holly - Away
- 4:00 Bethuen - Away
- 3:00 Hi Plains - Home
- 4:00 Springfield - Home
- 4:00 Walsh - Away
- 4:00 Eads - Away
- 4:00 Kit Carson - Away
- 4:00 McClave - Home
- 4:00 South Baca - Away
- 4:00 Wiley - Away
- The high school football game vs. Cripple Creek, scheduled for November 13, has been canceled.
- High school football at Fleming is scheduled for Friday, November 13, at 1:00 p.m.
- Individual picture re-takes and Football/Cheerleading pictures is scheduled for Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 8:15 a.m.
We are pleased to release our reopening plan for the Granada School District RE-1, which will allow us to return to in-person learning. The reopening plan is located on the school website at www.granadaschools.org. This plan has been approved by the Prowers County Department of Public Health and Environment and the Granada RE-1 School Board.
As we anticipate a return to school in August, please review the following plan and procedures to ensure that all students, staff, and visitors are kept safe while in the school, at school events, or while riding the bus to school.
Entering/Exiting/Visiting the school during the school day:
All students, staff, and visitors to the school will be required to do the following each day:
Dear Parents, Guardians, Students, and Community Members,
- August 4-5 - Open Enrollment - 9:00 am - noon & 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- August 4 - Senior & Junior Registration (New & Returning Students) 9:00 am - noon & 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- August 4 - Sophomore & Freshman Registration (New & Returning Students) 9:00 am - noon & 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- August 10 - First Day of School
NEW SCHOOL HOURS
- 7:50 am -1st Bell
- 3:45 pm - School Dismissed