Makes: 6 Servings
This stir-fry is delicious for lunch or dinner. It is very quick to fix. It may also be served over spaghetti, rotini, and other macaroni products.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup carrots (peeled, sliced thinly, drained or 1/2 can, about 8 ounces, low-sodium carrots)
- 1/2 cup celery (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup onion (cut into strips)
- 1 green pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely chopped, optional)
- 1 pound chicken (cooked, skin removed, sliced into strips)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (optional)
- 3 cups cooked white rice (or brown rice)
- Heat a large pan with vegetable oil over high heat.
- Add vegetables and garlic to the hot pan. Stir until garlic is slightly brown. If using ginger, add that too.
- Add the chicken and sugar to the pan. If using soy sauce, add that too.
- Stir the food for about 1 minute in the pan.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Tip for cooking chicken: The recommended safe minimum internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees F, as measured by a food thermometer.
Source: A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 423 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Total Sugars 2 g
Added Sugars included N/A
Protein 19 g
Vitamin D N/A