Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
Add Asian flavors to a traditional chicken soup using soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- 2 teaspoons Canola oil
- 1 cup Onions, fresh, peeled, 1/4" diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, ground (Or 1 tsp Ginger, fresh, grated)
- 1 clove Garlic, fresh, minced (1 clove is about 1/2 tsp minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, table
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 9 1/4 ounces Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cooked, 1/2" diced
- 5 cups Chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce, low-sodium
- 3 ounces Stir-fry/Chinese egg noodles, enriched, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups Cabbage, fresh, shredded
- 1 quart Spinach, fresh, baby spinach leaves, whole, packed
- 1/4 cup Green onion with tops, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Heat canola oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Stir in ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute or until ginger and garlic become fragrant.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and continue cooking on medium-high heat, about 5-7 minutes. Heat to 165 degF or higher for at least 15 seconds. Note: if using raw chicken see notes.
- Stir in noodles and cabbage. Cook for 4 minutes or until noodles are soft. Heat to 140 degF or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Stir in spinach, green onions, and sesame oil. Remove from heat.
- Serve 1 1/4 cups.
Source: Team Nutrition: Adapted from recipe on Food.com
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Sodium 402 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Total Sugars N/A
Added Sugars included N/A
Protein 18 g
Vitamin D N/A
Calcium 55 mg
Iron 2 mg