Makes: 6 Servings
Fully cooked ham is featured in this recipe. This recipe serves ham with vegetables and potatoes for a meal prepared in one skillet.
- 2 potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions (small, chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces frozen ham (thawed and chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In a medium-size cast iron skillet, cook potatoes in oil over medium heat until just soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in onion, green peppers, and ham, and cook 5 minutes.
- Pour eggs and black pepper over potato mixture in pan, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until eggs are firm and cheese is melted.
Source: Recipe adapted from Commodity Supplemental Food Program Cookbook
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 245 mg
Sodium 540 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Total Sugars 4 g
Added Sugars included N/A
Protein 19 g
Vitamin D N/A
Calcium 218 mg
Iron 2 mg