Cooking at Home - Apricot and Lemon Chicken
Makes: 4 Servings
Why wait for dessert to enjoy your fruit? Make it a part of your meal in this main dish.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless (medium)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 tablespoons apricot spread (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rub cumin over chicken and place in skillet.
- Cook on medium-high for 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add apricot spread, lemon juice, and water to skillet. On medium heat, stir until smooth.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve warm.
May substitute approximately 3 tablespoons of lemon juice for 1 fresh lemon, juiced. Could also substitute honey for apricot spread.
Source: ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce (1/4 of recipe)
Added Sugars included