Cooking at Home - Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce
Add some South American flair to your meal with this flavorful sauce, which can be used on meat, fish, or vegetables as a marinade or poured over your finished product.
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley (lightly packed and chopped without the stalks)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorn (freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed.
- Spoon the sauce over grilled meats, poultry, seafood, or vegetables. This sauce can also be used as a marinade.
Source: Delicious Heart-Healthy Latino Recipes/ Platillos Latinos Sabrosos y Saludables, US Department of Health and Human Services, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Serving Size: 3 Tablespoons (40g)
Added Sugars included