Cooking at Home - Banana Cupcakes
Makes: 12 servings
Add some potassium and flavor to your cupcakes by making them banana cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup shortening (solid vegetable)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar using an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients (flour mixture) and bananas to creamed mixture (the egg mixture). Mix well until combined.
- Place paper baking cups in muffin tin or lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden brown. Remove cupcakes from muffin tin and place on a rack to cool.
Source: Kids a Cookin’, Kansas Family Nutrition Program
Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe (65g)
Added Sugars included