Cooking at Home - Deep Dish Apple Cranberry Pie
Makes: 10 servings
Cranberries and apples are the perfect combination for this delicious homemade dessert.
- 4 apples (large, peeled, cored, and sliced)
- 2 1/2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 pie crust (prepared or from your favorite recipe)
- Stir all ingredients (except for the pie crust) together in a medium sized mixing bowl and place in a 10-inch deep dish pie pan.
- Place one pie crust on top of the fruits. Cut 3 or 4 slits to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Source: Food and Health Communications, Inc.
Serving Size: 1 slice, 1/10 of recipe (142g)
Added Sugars included