Cooking at Home - Garlic Ginger Ramen with Beef
Makes: 6 Servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Adding garlic and ginger to ramen is a game changer! This recipe has vegetables, lean protein, and lots of flavor!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (15% fat or less)
- 2 cups water
- 2 packages instant ramen-style noodles, broken into small pieces (3 ounces each)
- 1 package frozen stir-fry vegetables, any type (16 ounces)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet), brown ground beef. Drain fat from the skillet. Drain fat from the skillet (see Note).
- Add water and ONE seasoning packet to cooked beef and mix well.
- Add vegetables, green onion, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add ramen noodles, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Try adding more seasonings such as red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper or jalapeno pepper.
Source: Food Hero, Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service
Added Sugars included