Prep time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
Dive into mounds of luscious vegetables smothered over a whole wheat crust, artfully seasoned with olive oil-herb blend, including basil and garlic. Serve with a side salad and simple home-made vinaigrette.
2 tablespoons salt-free Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 12-inch, whole-wheat pizza crust, thin, pre-baked
4 Roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1 1/2 cups crimini mushrooms (sliced)
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
3/4 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1. Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400 degF.
2. In a small bowl, mix Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend with olive oil.
3. Place pizza crust on pizza pan. Brush pizza dough with olive oil blend, reserve remainder.
4. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss vegetables and remaining olive oil blend.
5. Spread coated vegetables evenly over pizza dough, leaving about 1/2-inch border around the edges. Top vegetables with shredded cheese.
6. Bake 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a side salad and a glass of juice.
Ideas for a Side Salad: Spinach, Tomato Slices and Vinaigrette (made with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp sugar, and 1 tbsp low-sodium seasoning blend)
Source: Produce for Better Health Foundation
Each serving provides:
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 300 mg
Total Carbohydrate 42 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Total Sugars 0 g
Added Sugars included 0 g
Protein 10 g
Vitamin D 0 mcg
Calcium 200 mg
Iron 3 mg
Potassium 430 mg