Makes: 4 Servings
Vary your vegetables at any meal. Fresh green peppers add flavor and color to this omelet.
- 1 can corn (drained, about 15 ounces)
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 green pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion and green pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring once in awhile. Reduce heat to low and stir.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet.
- Cook on the stove top until the eggs begin to set, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
- If the skillet is oven-proof, place in the oven and bake until eggs are fully set, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- If the skillet is not oven-proof, cover and continue to cook on the stove until eggs are fully set, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven or stovetop heat and let stand for 1 minute.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Source: Recipe adapted from Mrbreakfast.com.
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 180 mg
Sodium 310 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Total Sugars 6 g
Added Sugars included N/A
Protein 9 g
Vitamin D N/A
Calcium 72 mg
Iron 2 mg