Cooking at Home - Layered Black Bean Dip
Makes: 16 servings
Looking for a healthy snack for game day? This Layered Black Bean Dip is colorful, wholesome and tasty. Kids in the kitchen can help with the mashing, mixing, and layering. Paired with veggie sticks or baked whole wheat tortilla chips, this is recipe is a winner!
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa (thick and chunky)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, reduced fat (grated)
- Mash beans and mix with onion powder, dried oregano, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Spread on a serving dish.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, green onions and grated cheese.
Serve as a dip for raw vegetables such as celery, carrot sticks, and pepper slices.
Source: Good Food Cookbook, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons (39g)
Added Sugars included