Makes: 6 Servings
This main dish is magically delicious. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand for this fun recipe.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
2 cups vegetables (can use frozen, fresh or leftovers)
1 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat (shredded)
1 1/2 cups milk, 1%
3/4 cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
1. Cook onion in oil (or cook with vegetables).
2. Cook vegetables (or use leftovers). Drain well.
3. Grease round pie pan or 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
4. Spread cooked vegetables in pan. Spread cheese on top of vegetables.
5. Mix milk, eggs and baking mix. Pour over vegetables and cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, until a safe internal temperature has been reached and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Suggest preparing with frozen broccoli or spinach
Source: Simple Healthy RecipesONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 407 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Total Sugars 8 g
Added Sugars included 7 g
Protein 13 g
Vitamin D 1 mcg
Calcium 213 mg
Iron 2 mg
Potassium 274 mg