Makes: 4 servings
Make this tasty soup in your microwave in minutes. Enjoy it with a fresh salad and a side of fruit for a light meal.
- 1/4 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1/4 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk, 1%
- 2 potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 can corn (16 ounce, drained)
- Melt margarine in glass bowlon HIGH for 30 to 50 seconds.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Blend milk into flour-margarine mixture.
- Cook on HIGH for 6 to 8 minutes, until thickened, stirring well each minute. Set aside
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, cook 2 potatoes in 1 cup water. When potatoes are done add potatoes and cooking water to
- white sauce.
- Stir in 1-16 ounce can of corn. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until steaming hot.
Shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped ham or onion may be added. Add clams for clam chowder.
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 500 mg
Total Carbohydrate 50 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Total Sugars 10 g
Added Sugars included 0 g
Protein 10 g
Vitamin D 2 mcg
Calcium 172 mg
Iron 2 mg
Potassium 792 mg