Cooking at Home - Red Potato Salad
Makes: 4 Servings
This all-time favorite mix of tender potatoes, celery, and onions has been updated with a tangy yogurt sauce. This classic side is sure to please a hungry family or backyard BBQ guests.
- 1 cup yogurt, plain fat-free
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- To prepare sauce, combine yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Wash potatoes and place in pot. Cover with water about 1 inch above potatoes.
- Bring water and potatoes to a boil and simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- When potatoes are cooled, cut into bite-sized cubes. Place cut potatoes into large bowl.
- Add celery, onions, salt, and pepper to potatoes. Top with sauce and mix well.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
- Red or white potatoes can be used.
- Dijon mustard can be substituted for yellow mustard.
Source: USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Added Sugars included