Makes: 4 servings
This side dish is perfect for a fall or winter meal. Squash cooked with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger creates a simple dish to accompany your favorite entree.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 9 teaspoons brown sugar (3 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the baking sheetwith vegetable cooking spray.
- Wash the squash. Cut it in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place the squash on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Melt the margarine on low heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to the saucepan.
- Spread the margarine mix on the squash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
Source: Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network Website Recipes
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 91 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Total Sugars 7 g
Added Sugars included6 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin D 0 mcg
Calcium 48 mg
Iron 1 mg
Potassium 388 mg