Makes: 6 Servings
Make these delicious enchiladas without even turning on your oven. A quick and hearty meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups diced green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- Saute the chopped onion in the oil. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chilies, chicken broth, chicken and garlic powder. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch into about 1/4 cup of cold water until all the lumps are gone. Add to the chile and chicken mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Tear the tortillas into strips and divide into thirds. Add them to the pan and cook until they are hot, stirring with a spoon from time to time.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the enchiladas. Cover the pan and cook until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Source: New Mexico State University Cooperative Extension
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 842 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Total Sugars 3 g
Added Sugars included 0 g
Protein 26 g
Vitamin D 0 mcg
Calcium 276 mg
Iron 3 mg
Potassium 467 mg