- Cases 101
- Hospitalizations 6
- Deaths 4**
*These are cumulative totals as of 04/13/2021 4pm **Deaths in people with a recent positive COVID test
- CASES PAST 7 days: 0
- CASES PAST 14 days: 1
Currently 0.0% positivity, down from 2.22% last week. The goal is to remain less than five percent.
- Kiowa County is dial level GREEN! https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial.
- The Dial public health order will expire on April 15. Friday April 16 there will be a new statewide order that is much less restrictive. This will be released as soon as we are able.
Kiowa County Public Health will not issue additional orders unless there is a significant increase in hospitalizations.
- MASKS: The updated Executive Order (issued 4/3/2021 and effective for 30 days) will continue to require mask-wearing for all counties in schools (including for extracurricular activities), child care centers, indoor children's camps, public-facing state government facilities, Emergency medical and other healthcare settings (including hospitals, ambulance service centers, urgent care centers, non-ambulatory surgical structures, clinics, doctors' offices, and non-urgent care medical structures), personal services (i.e. hair salons, nail salons, esthetician services, body art professionals, etc.) and limited health care settings as defined by Public Health Order (PHO) 20-36, congregate care facilities, prisons, and jails. Public Health, when we are doing clinics, is a limited healthcare setting. Please continue to mask when you come for appointments. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you. The CDC still recommends mask wearing in public settings.
- Caution still needs to be exercised as we all will determine how we move forward. COVID still exists! Get tested if you have symptoms and get vaccinated!
- Variants are increasing. There are increasing numbers statewide and also hospitalizations.
Colorado now has cases of all the variants of concern that you hear about on the news. The natural social distancing in Southeast Colorado has helped us though we cannot let our guard down! We will report any locally identified variants if they are detected.
- Vaccine is open to those 16 and older. Only one of the vaccines is available for those who are 16 and 17. We have some available so please call so that we can get your teen vaccinated while this vaccine is available.
- Johnson and Johnson (aka J&J, Janssen) use has been paused by CDPHE due to recommendation from the CDC and FDA. 6 cases of an uncommon type of blood clot (cerebral venous sinus thrombosis). All the cases were in females between the ages of 18 and 48. More than 6.8 million doses of this vaccine have been administered so far. We are grateful that the state and the federal government are taking a closer look. Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are different in how they work and are not associated with any concerning findings.
- Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.
- If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, or may have been exposed, please get tested! Call 438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
Call 719-438-5782 or 719-336-8721 with questions. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov for information or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any business/event plans or questions. We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!