Pages from the Past - From the 136-year history of the Kiowa County Press - November 12, 2023
15 Years Ago - November 7, 2008
- Eunice Weber was nominated for Emergency Medical Technician Basic of the Year by Southeastern Colorado Regional Emergency Trauma Advisory.
- The Eads Board of Trustees consented to support funding and grant opportunities will help to insure, repair, and preserve the Eads swimming pool.
25 Years Ago - November 6, 1998
- Recent rains and construction gave a semi driver a sinking feeling at the intersection of Highway 287 and Maine Street. The semi was dislodged within a few hours.
- Wild Horse Roundup- Curtis Schrimp: Quite a little activity around the schoolhouse: cleaning, picture hanging, putting up window shades. I was kind of a nosy inspector, but I did help a dab.
40 Years Ago - November 11, 1983
- It seemed like it was a long time in coming, but it finally came…The first snowfall of the season swept through the eastern plains.
- The Kiowa County Hospital District Board of Directors met October 26 and learned that the hospital has fallen into the red for the year.
50 Years Ago - November 9, 1973
- In the Southeast Colorado Make It Yourself with Wool completion Katherine Weber, of Sheridan Lake and alternate, Diane Weimer of Wiley, were winners in the Junior Class. Senior Class winners were Penny Eden of Campo and alternate, Judy Montgomery of McClave. Weber and Eden will compete in the state competition in Denver.