15 Years Ago
November 19, 2004
- The Eads Chamber of Commerce has decided to once again conduct the Christmas lightning contest for homes and residents this holiday season.
- Virgil & Wanda Lessenden are recipients of the "Friends of 4-H" Award.
- The Sixth Annual Spiritual Healing Run will start at the Sand Creek Massacre Site
25 Years Ago
November 25, 1994
- A grant up to $108,000 was awarded to the Great Plains Park Project. The grant will be used to continue development of facilities at the Great Plains Reservoirs southeast of Eads.
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: The Kit Carson Museum held their annual dinner for those that help keep the museum open in the summer and whatever else it takes to keep it going.
- Wissel's Dry Goods announces a Quitting Business Sale. Keith Wissel state, "After 28 years in Eads, I have decided to retire and close my store."
40 Years Ago
November 23, 1979
- The Kiowa County School District RE-2 Plainview has scheduled a special election to determine if an authorization to increase the revenue base per pupil of attendance entitlement should be granted.
- There will be a public hearing held by the Kiowa County Commissioners to discuss the formation of a Recreation District.
50 Years Ago
November 21, 1969
- Army Specialist Four Larry G. Forrest, 19, son of Mr. & Mrs. Charles C. Mills, received the Silver Star Award in Vietnam action.
- The junior class of Eads High school will present "Her Emergency Husband."
75 Years Ago
November 17, 1944
- John Weaver, presently from Fruita, Colorado, is expected to arrive in Eads to take up his duties as County Agent.
100 Years Ago
November 14, 1919
- It is reported that about fifty head of cattle drifted into the lakes during recent snowstorm and drowned.
- A meeting of Eads citizens at the courthouse for consideration of a light and waterworks system for Eads, a hearty interest by some of the largest taxpayers of the town was demonstrated in favor of such a system.