Preparedness starts with you. As you begin considering your 2017 resolutions we ask you to consider dedicating this year to preparedness. We will continue our Prepare Colorado initiative with our partners from the Colorado Red Cross and FEMA Region VIII. We hope you will join us in making Colorado the most prepared state in the Nation.
You can start today by "Resolving to be COReady in 2017". Take action today with any of these steps:
- Join the READYColorado online readiness site. Register today and save your preparedness information on a password project online family account. You can access the information from any place.
- Finalize your emergency and disaster plans and then practice them. Create your:
- Be prepared for home fires. The American Red Cross has launched an initiative to reduce deaths and injuries by 25% due to home fires with a Home Fire Preparedness Campaign. Do your part to save lives by:
- Establish a safe meeting place outside of your home.
- Practice your fire drill twice a year. You may have as little as two minutes to escape your home if a fire occurs. You must be able to act quickly.
Test your smoke alarms each month. A working smoke alarms double your chances of survival. Early warning saves lives and property.