Prep time: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
12 ounces sirloin or other boneless steak (about 3/4-inch thick)
3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1 tablespoon no-salt fiesta lime seasoning (divided)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup green bell pepper slices
1 medium red bell pepper (sliced into strips)
1 medium yellow bell pepper (sliced into strips)
8 whole-wheat tortillas (6-inch)
1 medium tomato (diced)
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
4 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
1. Slice beef across the grain into 1/4-inch strips. Place in a medium bowl with 1/2 tbsp fiesta lime seasoning; toss to coat.
2. Place mushrooms, peppers, and onion and remaining fiesta lime seasoning in a large bowl; toss to coat.
3. Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet. Add beef strips; cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
4. Place coated vegetables in skillet and saute until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5-8 minutes.
5. Add beef back to skillet and saute mixture 1-2 more minutes.
6. Assemble fajitas by dividing beef-vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with remaining ingredients and roll up.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of non-fat milk and side of mango chunks.
Source: Produce for Better Health Foundation
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 590 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Total Sugars 4 g
Added Sugars included 0 g
Protein 27 g
Vitamin D 0 mcg
Calcium 60 mg
Iron 2 mg
Potassium 829 mg
N/A - data is not available