By Eads USDA Service Center Staff
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- County Committee Meeting - 2nd Tuesday each month - NO meeting in March
- March 15th - 2017 NAP application date for Spring Crops
- March 15th - July 15th - CRP Primary Nesting Season - NO Activity permitted on CRP
- March 31st - Last day to request LDP or Marketing Loan for 2016 wheat.
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland and HELI (Highly Erodible Land Initiative) acre available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
WIND & FIRE
The county experienced a high wind event on Monday, March 6, but we were truly blessed as there were no fires like the ones north and south of us experienced. In viewing pictures on the internet and listening to stories on the news, it saddens me all the devastation with homes and livestock. It is times like these, we should all feel thankful for all we have and blessings we have received.
The office staff is doing a great job having producers sign their ARCPLC contracts while the producers are in the office. If you are in town and haven't enrolled your farms, stop in the office and complete the enrollment and the eligibility forms.
SECRETARIAL NATURAL DISASTER DETERMINATION
Four Colorado counties have been designated primary natural disaster area due to drought. The producers in designated counties are eligible for emergency loan assistance from FSA, provided requirements are met.
The four primary counties are: Baca, Elbert, Lincoln and Weld.
Counties contiguous to the primary counties, producers in those counties are also eligible for emergency loan assistance, if requirements are met.
Contact your local FSA Farm Loan office for more information.
The Small Business Administration also has disaster assistance for businesses in the imapcted areas.
MARCH 2017 INTEREST RATES
Interest rates for March disbursed loans or approved pending funding are as follows;
- 1.875 - crop year commodity loan
Farm Storage Facility Loan (FSFL)
- 1.5 - 3 year FSFL
- 1.875 - 5 year FSFL
- 2.250 - 7 year FSFL
- 2.50 - 10 & 12 year FSFL
- 2.625 - 15 year FSFL
POSTED COUNTY PRICE AND LDP RATES
The website to check daily LDP rates is as follows:
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. By appointment only on Friday.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.