By Eads USDA Service Center Staff
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- County Committee Meeting - 2nd Tuesday each month - April 11th- 9:00 a.m.
- March 15th - July 15th - CRP Primary Nesting Season - NO Activity permitted on CRP
- CRP Continuous Signup - Lesser Prairie Chicken, CRP Grassland and HELI (Highly Erodible Land Initiative) acre available. Producers interested are urged to contact FSA Office.
Disclaimer: Information in this UPDATE is pertinent to Kiowa County FSA only. Producers reading this and that do not have FSA interest in Kiowa County are advised to contact their local FSA Office.
Where does the time go? I have no idea but I do know it goes fast. A quarter of the year has already passed by and it will be half over before a blink of an eye. School year is nearly over and summer is around the corner. Hopefully the spring weather pattern will continue and bring some much needed moisture to the area.
2017 Commodity Loan Rates
The 2017 commodity loans rates were announced this past week. The loan rates will be used for LDP and Marketing Assistance Loans for 2017 crops. The county saw a drop in the wheat loan rate from $3.03 to $2.84 a bushel, sunflowers saw a .17 cent increase a hundred.
Wheat - $2.84 bu.
Grain Sorghum - 3.39 cwt.
Corn - $2.09 bu.
Sunflowers - $11.14 cwt.
Barley - $1.96 bu.
Soybeans - $4.73 bu.
2016 OUTSTANDING MARKETING ASSISTANCE LOANS
March 31st was the last day to request an LDP or a Marketing Assistance Loan on 2016 wheat, however producers with outstanding marketing assistance loans have the option to 'lock in' a repayment rate lower than the loan rate. This is available for both warehouse and farm stored loans. On Friday, March 31st there was a $.01 LDP rate, therefore I urge producer with marketing assistance loan and the loan maturity date nearing to watch the market closely. Producers who are not familiar with 'lock-in' repayments and market gains, call the FSA office for more information.
The form CCC-697, 'Request to loan in a market loan repayment rate' is the form that will need to be generated. Producers can lock- in the total or partial bushels of the loan quantity.
The following are some of the important items in the terms and conditions concerning the loan repayment and must be initialed by the producer(s).
- The CCC-697 cannot be canceled, terminated, or changed after approval.
- The 'locked - in' rate for the above quantity
- Expired on the earlier of 14 calendar days before the loan maturity date or 60 calendar days from the date of approval
- Is the rate in effect on the date approved
- is applicable to the quantity specified in Part A until the expiration date.
- If the loan is repaid after the loan maturity date, repayments shall be at principal plus applicable interest.
- Multiple CCC-697's can be outstanding at the same time but cannot be in effect for the same quantity. For any quantity repaid on the above loan, the oldest CCC-697 will be honored first when applying the repayment to the loan.
The website to check daily LDP rates is as follows:
Kiowa County FSA Committee
- Destiny Haase - LAA 2 - Central area - Committee Chairperson
- Sean Harkness - LAA 1 - East area - Committee Vice-Chairperson
- Michael Zimmerman - LAA3 - West area - Committee Regular Member
USDA SERVICE CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Telephone 719-438-5851 FSA (Ext 2), NRCS (Ext 3). FSA Fax number: fax2mail 844-332-7501
KIOWA COUNTY FARM LOAN CONTACT INFO - CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Telephone 719-336-3437 (ext2) Mary Rhoades, firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICE CENTER OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. By appointment only on Friday.
For information on programs visit our website located at www.fsa.usda.gov or like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.