Funding for fiscal year 2017 is still available to offset international business development and marketing costs through the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). Grants are available for up to $15,000 for eligible costs. Grants can be used to help cover the costs of:
- Trade missions and trade shows
- Translation services for a contract or official document
- Intellectual property protection
- Conducting due diligence or credit reviews on potential buyers or distributors
- Production and design of international marketing materials
- U.S. Commercial Service resources
STEP is a financial assistance program for aspiring and current Colorado exporters entering into a new global market. Funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), STEP provides grant awards to small business to offset international business development and marketing costs. More information on what will qualify for a Colorado STEP grant and eligible costs are available here . These grants are awarded through a competitive first-come, first-served process. Projects and trips must be complete by September 29, 2017. Questions can be emailed to Laura Brindle at firstname.lastname@example.org.