Colorado wheat farmers are invited to attend and participate in the annual county business meetings and elections jointly sponsored by the Colorado Wheat Administrative Committee (CWAC), the Colorado Association of Wheat Growers (CAWG) and the Colorado Wheat Research Foundation (CWRF). The business meetings and elections will be held January 5-6, 2023, at four different locations. Please see the table below for full details or visit coloradowheat.org.
The program at the meetings will include an update on the Colorado State University Wheat Breeding Program from wheat breeder Dr. Esten Mason. There will also be organizational updates on CWAC, CAWG, CWRF. If you would like to attend one of the meetings, please RSVP to the Colorado Wheat office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-449-6994.
County-level representatives for both CWAC and CAWG will also be elected at these meetings. CWAC and CAWG are two distinctly separate organizations with different but complementary purposes. CWAC is the Commissioner-appointed Board of Control for the Colorado Wheat Marketing Order, whose purpose is to oversee how Colorado's wheat assessment dollars (two cents per bushel of wheat produced in the state) are spent on research, market development, outreach, education and other various endeavors.
Colorado Association of Wheat Growers is comprised of dues-paying members who are politically active, focusing on policy that impacts wheat producers and agriculture in general.
Thursday, January 5
- Baca, Prowers, Bent, Kiowa, Crowley, Otero and Las Animas
- Lamar Community Building - 610 S. 6th Street Lamar, CO
- Lincoln, Elbert, El Paso, Adams, Arapahoe, Cheyenne, Kit Carson, Jefferson, Douglas, Fremont, Custer, Huerfano and Pueblo
- Community Building - 477 D. Ave Limon, CO
Friday, January 6
- Morgan, Weld, Boulder and Larimer
- The Block, Fort Morgan - 19592 E 8th Ave, Fort Morgan, CO
- Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington, Yuma
- Haxtun Community Building - 125 E Wilson St, Haxtun, CO