Makes: 4 Servings
This parmesan-crusted fish is topped with mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. It's the perfect heart-healthy meal to cook for a loved one.
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, non-fat (grated)
1/3 tablespoon flour, all-purpose (1 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon thyme sprigs (leaves removed and crushed)
4 fish fillets (white fish, 6 ounces each)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 cup halved mushroom caps
1/2 cup green onions (finely sliced)
1 cloves garlic (crushed)
1) Preheat oven to 350degF. Place cheese, flour and thyme in paper bag.
2) Individually coat fish by gently shaking in bag; discard coating ingredients.
3) Place fillets in baking pan on rack. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
4) Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Season with ground black pepper.
5) Serve baked fish topped with mushroom mixture.
- Atlantic cod fillets used in nutrition analysis.
- Suggest serving over pasta or rice.
Source: ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122 mg
Sodium 227 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Total Sugars 2 g
Added Sugars included 0 g
Protein 37 g
Vitamin D 2 mcg
Calcium 173 mg
Iron 2 mg
Potassium 780 mg