Cooking at Home - Crispy Taquitos
Makes: 4 servings
Fresh pico de gallo, cooked chicken, veggies, and cheese combine to make these tasty taquitos that are baked, not fried, for a healthy meal or snack.
- 3 servings fresh Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup chicken (cooked, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup corn (no salt added, canned or frozen, thawed)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (green, chopped)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, reduced fat, or Monterey jack or queso fresco)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup Pico de Gallo, chicken, corn, green onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven, and spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure each with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet and brush each lightly with oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Place 3 taquitos on each plate and serve with remaining Pico de Gallo.
Source: California Champions for Change Lunch Recipes, California Department of Public Health, Network for a Healthy California
Serving Size: 3 taquitos (283g)
Added Sugars included