Cooking at Home - Eggs Foo Young
Makes: 2 Servings
Make these egg patties with chicken or beef and top them off with a homemade sauce for an easy Chinese dinner. Serve with brown rice and a salad for a complete and delicious meal.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts, fresh
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and diced (or beef)
- 1/3 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup mushrooms, stems and pieces (drained)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, low-sodium
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Beat eggs with electric mixer (or by hand) until very thick and light, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in bean sprouts, chicken or beef, mushrooms, and onion.
- Heat oil in frying pan over moderate heat.
- Pour egg mixture by half cupfuls into the pan. Brown on one side; turn and brown the other side. Keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- Mix sauce ingredients in small saucepan until smooth.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve sauce over patties.
Source: Thrifty Recipes: Main Dishes University of Maine Cooperative Extension
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (239g)
Added Sugars included