Cooking at Home - New England Johnny Cake
Makes: 24 servings
This Johnny Cake serves a crowd. Enjoy it with fresh or canned fruit.
- 2 egg (beaten)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups skim or reconstituted non-fat dry milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (or spray)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar with beaten eggs in small mixing bowl.
- In the other bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt together.
- Add oil, egg mixture and milk to the flour mixture. Mix. Pour into a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Source: Eating Right Is Basic, Michigan State University Cooperative Extension Service, Nutrition Education Program
Serving Size: 2" square, 1/24 recipe (46g)
Added Sugars included