Cooking at Home - Pasta Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
This recipe starts with whole wheat pasta and includes fresh broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, and hard cooked eggs. Tossed with a refreshing vinaigrette flavored with basil, oregano, and garlic salt, this classic salad is a go-to recipe for an appetizer, main dish, or as a side.
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat pasta, cooked, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup Shredded carrot
- 6 hard cooked eggs (cut into wedges)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, tomato and carrot in large bowl; toss. Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss until evenly coated. Add eggs; toss briefly.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours to blend flavors.
For a different flavor or to reduce cost, use any other vinegar you have on hand.
Source: Meeting Your MyPlate Goals on a Budget Toolkit by MyPlate National Strategic Partners
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 185 mg
Sodium 200 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Total Sugars 1 g
Added Sugars included 0 g
Protein 11 g
Vitamin D 1 mcg
Calcium 64 mg
Iron 3 mg
Potassium 253 mg