Cooking at Home - Quick and Easy Baked Potato Salad
Makes: 4 Servings
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time:15 minutes
If you love baked potatoes but associate them primarily with the colder winter months, this Baked Potato Salad will fill that void come summer. With reduced-fat cheddar cheese, chives, and real bacon, you’ll feel like you’re eating a traditional baked potato in a dish that’s just slightly more summer picnic-friendly. The best part? There’s no need to fire up the oven when you have a microwave handy! If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons real bacon bits or pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish.
- Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic).
- Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave.
- Use oven mitts or a towel to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build up and let cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowel with remaining ingredients; stir and mix well.
This salad may be served right away, but is best if refrigerated for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.
Source: Meeting Your MyPlate Goals on a Budget, MyPlate National Strategic Partners Toolkit
Added Sugars included