Cooking at Home - Tuscan Potato Skillet
Makes: 4 Servings
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Lemon zest, garlic and rosemary add a delightful Tuscan twist to this green bean, potato, and chicken skillet. The best part? Only having to use one pan to whip up this weeknight favorite, which also makes clean-up a breeze!
- 10 petite red potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive (divided)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen green beans (thawed, 12 oz. bag)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- Cut each potato into 4 wedges. Place in a large microwave-safe bowl and season with salt and pepper. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Stir and microwave for 4 minutes more.
- While potatoes are cooking, cut each chicken tenderloin into 4 equal pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until nicely browned, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining oil and potatoes; cook and stir for 5 minutes more to brown potatoes and fully cook chicken.
- Stir in rosemary, garlic, green beans, lemon zest and juice. Cook for a few minutes more to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Use whatever type of potatoes you have on hand, are on sale, or offer the best price.
Source: Meeting Your MyPlate Goals on a Budget, MyPlate National Strategic Partners Toolkit
Added Sugars included