- Cases 103
- Hospitalizations 6
- Deaths 4**
*These are cumulative totals as of 06/08/2021 4pm **Deaths in people with a recent positive COVID test.
- CASES PAST 7 days: 0
- CASES PAST 14 days: 0
This week's percent positivity was 0.0, unchanged from last week. The goal is to keep this below five percent. Please get tested if exposed or if you have symptoms. It is FREE! Call 438-5401 and ask for the lab. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
- Starting on June 16, walk-in vaccine clinics will be available every Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Age 12-15 can only receive Pfizer vaccine at this time (2 doses 21 days apart). Pfizer, Moderna and J&J are for ages 18+ at this time. Moderna is 2 doses 28 days apart and Jannsen (aka Johnson&Johnson, J&J) is a single dose vaccine.
- The vaccine bus will be in our region at the end of the month. No appointment is necessary, and walk-ups are welcome! If you want a particular vaccine (the bus carries J&J and Pfizer), an appointment is encouraged so that the staff have enough of the vaccine that you prefer. An appointment is also encouraged for those 12-17 since there is only 1 vaccine approved for this age group. See the bus schedule here: https://www.mobilevax.us/clinics
- 36.1% of eligible Kiowa County residents have been vaccinated. The goal is 70%.
- The most important thing you can do is continue to follow the guidance we have recommended from the beginning! Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others. Minimize gatherings.
- Did you know that if your 12 and up kids are vaccinated, they will not have to quarantine if they are exposed at school?
- Governor Polis announced that there will be a series of $1 million dollar giveaways for those who are vaccinated. $50,000 scholarships will be awarded to ages 12-17.
More information at www.coloradocomebackcash.com
Call 719-438-5782 or 719-336-8721 with questions. You can check https://covid19.colorado.gov for information or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We appreciate your patience in this busy and trying time!