- Cases 1
- Hospitalizations 0
- Deaths 0
*These are cumulative totals
TESTS: Testing numbers have declined for the county. Less than 20 have been done in the past 2 weeks. We need to get these numbers up! Please seek testing if you have any symptoms or think that you have been exposed! See below for contact information.
NEWS AND FAQs
- Kiowa County is in Safer at Home Level 1. Progression to Protect Our Neighbors is under discussion. See the levels, what it takes to meet them, and the new dial system at https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial
- Schools: Outbreak guidance and how to manage symptomatic students and staff has been updated at https://covid19.colorado.gov. Continue to do daily screenings of your students and keep them home and get them tested if they have any symptoms.
- Halloween is not cancelled! When trick-or-treating, do not linger in doorways and social distance. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment released these guidelines: https://covid19.colorado.gov/halloween-tips-and-tricks
- If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, or may have been exposed, and are interested in testing, call 719-438-2251 to schedule. If you are having severe symptoms such as significant trouble breathing, etc. call 911.
- There continues to be a Mask Mandate for those over the age of 10 in all indoor spaces other than home.
- Stay home if not feeling well, cover coughs and sneezes, wash hands frequently or use 60+% alcohol-based hand sanitizer, wear a mask/face covering to contain any respiratory droplets and stay at least 6 feet from others and minimize gatherings.
Call Public Health with any questions at 719-336-8721