Published Friday, September 15, 2017
15 Years Ago
September 13, 2002
- Ryan Phillips, from the Eads FFA Chapter, was elected as State Officer at this past State Convention.
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: Guess you might say this is a whale of a tale. Lee was watching the news when it showed Free Willy, the whale, in a Fjord in Norway. It was right below LeeAnn's house, and she seen our own granddaughters, Jessi and Jenni, down there petting the whale.
- The town of Sheridan Lake in partnership with the Kiowa Albright Memorial Center, and residents of the community has completed the playground in the Sheridan Lake Park.
25 Years Ago
September 10, 1992
- Sheridan Lake News-Wilma Eitel & Debbie Harris: Many farmers have been drilling wheat this week. So far they have had good weather, so let's hope it stays that way until they are done.
- In the Little Britches National Finals, Matt Weber rode his bull & received a 57. He placed 6th in the Champion Go and ended up 9th in the World for his bull riding.
40 Years Ago
September 16, 1977
- In accordance with the judicial actions, Judge Sanderson ordered repeal of regulations prohibiting married students from participating in high school sports.
- The Colorado Flying Farmers will be flying into Kiowa County honoring this year's president of the group, Burl Scherler from Brandon.
50 Years Ago
September 15, 1967
- Second graders of Kiowa County are scheduled for a screening test to detect Beta Hemolytic Strepto Coccal infection which can cause rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease.
- A major remodeling project has been underway past few weeks at the building on the corner of Maine Street and 13 Street. The building had housed the Rexall Drug Store but has been vacant for some time will be the new dentist office of Dr. John F. Hines D.D.S.