Published Friday, January 5, 2018
15 Years Ago
January 3, 2003
- The Sheridan Lake Livewires 4-H Club went to the Weisbrod Nursing Home to spend time with the residents.
- The most recent waterfowl count done by the Colorado Division of Wildlife has 1600 Ducks & approximately 30,000 geese at Nee Noshe.
25 Years Ago
January 7, 1993
- Shane and Pamela Lessenden are proud parents of a son born January1, 1993. Shane Allen Lessenden Jr. was the first baby born in the new year at the La Junta hospital.
40 Years Ago
January 6, 1978
- The 1978 license tabs go on sale January 11. Kiowa County Clerk Wayne Singer said if tabs are picked up at his office, vehicle owner may deduct 70 cents from total of registration.
- The Thrifty "15" Club recently completed the fundraising drive for Arthritis Foundation with contribution of more than $400 in Eads.
- Four Eads men entered the annual Holly Old-Timers Wrestling Tournament and came home with a pair of first place trophies and two second-place spots.
- Lonnie Eder was named to second team and Mark Weirich was given honorable mention, both offense and defense for the Class A All-State Football team.
- 50 Years Ago
January 5, 1968
- The Eads Bowling Association will hold a meeting to organize a City Association Tournament.
75 Years Ago
December 18, 1942
- The practice blackout in Eads was a complete success. No serious violation occurred, and no accidents happened.
100 Years Ago
December 21, 1917
- The government will not establish a training camp at Queens Beach at present as it is necessary for the first bunch to be trained in the south where they can fly all winter & where quarters can be quickly constructed.