15 Years Ago
September 12, 2003
- The local Artist of the Plains Gallery is hosting an outstanding Art Show. The exhibit of art pieces by artist from several counties is free to the public.
25 Years Ago
September 15, 1993
- Dusty Tallman of Brandon is one of the few farmers permitted to use sludge in eastern Colorado.
- Authorities from a number of states have interviewed a man being held in the Prowers County Jail about unsolved murders.
- Once again, the Cactus Players put on a very entertaining program which was attended by a full house at all performances at the Eads Plains Theatre.
40 Years Ago
September 15, 1978
- A very successful 4-H Livestock Sale was held in conjunction with the Kiowa County Free Fair. The average price paid for 20 head of cattle was 75 cents per pound, with Grand Champion being sold to First National Bank in Eads for $1.40 per pound.
50 Years Ago
September 13, 1968
- Only 16% of the eligible voters in Kiowa County went to the polls Tuesday to cast their ballots in the Colordo primary election.
75 Years Ago
September 10, 1943
- Greatest war news of the week was the surrender of Italy, announced over the radio Wednesday morning.
- The Third War Loan drive in Kiowa County is off to a good start, under the direction of J.M. Infield as Chairman.
100 Years Ago
September 13, 1918
Thursday was registration day throughout the United States, when about 13 million Americans placed their names upon the rolls of those ready to help in licking the Kaiser. In Kiowa County there were 557 registered, Eads furnished 172 of them. First call will be for those between ages 19 and 21, and 31 and 35.