15 Years Ago
February 13, 2004
- Nineteen Lamar Community College Emergency Medical Technician basic graduates completed 125 hours of classroom and 10 clinical/emergency room hours of training.
25 Years Ago
February 18, 1994
- Congratulation to the 5-man team from the area who received 2ndplace at the 5 on 5 tournament in La Junta. Members of the team included Steve Lening & Manuel Vazquez of Plainview, Scott Oswald & Matt McNeely of Kit Carson and from Eads, Greg Frazee, Steve Frederick and Brandon Hoffman coached by Darul Frederick.
40 Years Ago
February 16, 1979
- Congratulation coach G.L. Palmer. Both his boys' and girls' Plainview Jr. High basketball teams won the Championship game in their Junior High Tournaments.
- Based on Colorado State Patrol research, blue lights will be incorporated on Colorado State Patrol cars. The patrol cars will begin to appear around the state with one red overhead light and one blue.
50 Years Ago
February 14, 1969
- Plainview continued at .500 mark in the High Plains League as they lost to Karval 54-52 in overtime Friday then defeated Kit Carson 51-46 Saturday
75 Years Ago
February 11, 1944
Early Tuesday morning, the section men from several points were called out to clear the Missouri Pacific tracks at Hawkins, where some cars were derailed. A broken journal on one of the freight cars, resulting in quite a strip of track was torn up and traffic was delayed several hours.